The aims of the Certificate Course are two-fold.
- to enable course delegates to appreciate the nature of noise hazards in the workplace and the need to protect the hearing of employees.
- to enable them to advise and assist employers to meet statutory duties relating to noise in the workplace.
After completing the course, students should be able to:
– Explain the requirements of the current legislation and regulations.
– Understand the elements of a noise risk assessment, and the part that noise exposure assessment plays.
– Make satisfactory measurements of noise levels in workplaces.
– Assess daily noise exposure levels of employees from information about noise levels and work patterns.
– Advise on the components of a noise action plan.
– Select suitable hearing protection.
– Identify areas where noise reduction is required and discuss basic noise control techniques.
– Assess the effectiveness of noise control measures.
Course Duration4 days + exam day
Number of Delegates12
Delegates will receive a certificate from the Institute of Acoustics upon successful completion