Shorcontrol Safety is seeking an Occupational Hygienist to become part of their dedicated occupational hygiene team. The ideal applicant will have specific postgraduate qualifications or evidence of professional competency in the field, though provision of further education to attain this can be provided to the right candidate if necessary.
The successful applicant will join Shorcontrol’s two existing occupational hygienists. The role will initially involve site work, equipment oversight and management, sample management and pre-visit research, but will quickly expand to include independent responsibility for occupational hygiene site surveys and consultancy, which may include client management, delivery of training and other related tasks. A wide variety of training and further education opportunities will be available.
- An keen interest in the area of workplace health, specifically in relation to human exposure to a wide range of physical agents.
- Ideally a postgraduate qualification in occupational health and hygiene, a certificate of professional competence from the BOHS or equivalent
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in in biology, chemistry, workplace health and safety, mechanical engineering, physics or a related field.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interpret and write concise and accurate professional reports.
- A willingness to undertake ‘hands-on’ work at a variety of different sites across the country.
- Good observational skills and a facility for working with numbers.
- Competent in office applications and related software.
- Car and full driving license
Some technical ability, including the ability to install and remove software, conduct general maintenance on equipment, and quickly learn and become familiar with new technologies.
Please send CV to email@example.com