The aim of this Pesticide Training course is to provide learners with the knowledge, skills and attitude to be able to apply pesticide correctly and safely using a Handheld sprayer.
- Why use pesticides?
- Why receive pesticide training
- Different pest control methods
- Selection of suitable pesticides
- Safe handling, storage, application and disposal of pesticides
- Legislation that applies to pesticides
- Equipment and components of a handheld sprayer (knapsack)
- Health & Safety information: Labels, markings and Safety Data Sheets
- Preparation and calibration of a handheld sprayer (Knapsack)
- Mixing sprays
- Storing sprays, PPE & equipment
- Applying sprays
Course Duration2 days + assessment
Number of Delegates10
Delegates receive a QQI certificate upon completion