Course Aim: Health and wellbeing have become a strategic consideration for businesses. Increasingly organisations need to focus on both what they do and how they do it. Sickness absence due to mental ill health alone costs the Irish economy a substantial amount every year. An organisation that is healthy and well is more likely to be productive, innovative and competitive. This IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing in the Workplace course offers a fresh approach to health training. You will find a practical programme, full of step-bystep guidance, and a sharp business focus. But you will also find that the content engages and inspires your staff – critical to getting the message embedded across your whole organisation
Who is the course for?
Anyone in a management or supervisory role. Delegates will be provided with the tools and techniques to improve health and wellbeing across their organisation. It will help them to become managers and supervisors who truly care about the health and wellbeing of an organisation’s most important asset – its people.
Why it works:
• Understand why it’s important to manage fluctuations in people’s health.
• Learn what to consider in a health needs assessment.
• Discover how to recognise a ‘well’ employee.
• Learn how to help co-workers return to work after an illness.
• Gain tools and techniques to improve health and wellbeing across your organisation.
What to expect:
• Memorable and thought-provoking facts and case studies.
• Sections backed by clear examples and recognisable scenarios.
• Materials supplied for subsequent use in the workplace.
• Interactive discussions on workplace health topics.
• Practical exercise on how the learning can be applied in the workplace.
Top 5 business benefits:
• Practical advice and tools for managers to help create a healthy and productive place of work.
• Improved health and wellbeing awareness across the organisation.
• Fewer hours lost due to ill-health and reduced presenteeism, resulting in greater productivity.
• Internationally recognised certification for managers and supervisors.
• Enhanced reputation within the supply chain, with customers and other stakeholders.
Top 5 delegate benefits:
• Ensures you can manage health risks.
• Ensures you understand your own responsibilities for health and wellbeing and why it makes good business sense.
• Ensures you can manage fluctuations in people’s health status and assess fitness for work.
• Empowers you to measure your own performance.
• Allows for reflections on good practice, both personally and organisation-wide.
Assessment: Questionnaires and practical exercises.
Course Duration1 Day
Number of DelegatesMax 20 Delegates
Successful delegates are awarded an IOSH Managing Occupational Health and Wellbeing in the Workplace certificate.