This manual handling course is intended for all personnel who are involved in the movement of loads. Topics covered include; anatomy of the spine and practical manual handling techniques.
- Aim and objectives.
- Employers and Employees obligations in relation to manual handling at work.
- Structure and function of the spine.
- Causes of back pain.
- How to avoid backache.
- Methods of lifting/putting down, carrying, loading, unloading, pushing, pulling and reaching.
- Practice for all methods included in No. 8.
- Dealing with different types of loads at work.
- Alternative methods of moving loads at work.
- Evaluation of training.
Course DurationThis course is for a duration of 4 hours.
Number of Delegates10 maximum per course
On successful completion of this course Shorcontrol Safety will issue Certificates to each delegate, which are valid for 3 years.