To provide an opportunity for participants to demonstrate their skills, knowledge and attitudes associated with site dumper operations and to obtain the appropriate certification.
The programme will consist of a classroom session of underpinning knowledge relating to site dumper operations, a one-hour practical test and a one-hour related-knowledge test.
The candidate would be expected to:
- Safely operate and control a site dumper machine
- Load and transport loads within the safe working capacity of the site dumper and using recognised systems of operation
- Check, inspect and maintain an articulated dumper for efficient use under construction site conditions.
- Identify the risks associated with hazardous substances and noise and have a positive attitude to safety, health and hygiene regulations
- Recognise and use approved hand signals
- Load and unload site dumper on/off transporter/low loader
Candidates for this programme must have at least six months’ full-time experience as a site dumper operator within the previous two years. (Documentary evidence will be required from the employer to support the candidate’s claim of the required experience). Candidates must also possess the Solas ‘Safepass’ registration card.
Participants are expected to bring overalls, safety boots and other personal protection equipment as appropriate. (Solas will supply helmets).
Course Duration1 Day
Number of Delegates4 Maximum per course
On successful completion of this course SOLAS will issue a CSCS Card to each delegate, which is valid for 5 years.