Environmental noise has the ability to greatly affect our quality of life; high noise levels can be very contentious at private dwellings or other noise-sensitive areas.
Environmental noise assessment is a complicated subject, with lots of grey areas and legislation that’s often open to interpretation and the application of different standards, guidelines and methodologies.
Shorcontrol can perform environmental noise assessments to applicable standards for a range of issues including:
- Pre-empting noise of noise complaints by the public
- Monitoring effects of new plant, operations etc.
- Evaluation of Legitimacy of noise complaints by members of the public (BS 4142 Assessments)
- Planning Applications for new housing developments
- IED(Industrial Emissions Directive) licenses for industry (NG4 assessment)
Useful Resources and Links: